If you are able to, below are resources and organizations in need of donations and support.
- Feeding America encompasses a network of 200 food banks and 60,000 food pantries across the United States. Their emergency COVID-19 relief fund is ensuring that the most vulnerable populations retain their access to food during the crisis. Just $1 can supply at least 10 meals to people in need. You can donate directly on their site or use this page to find your local food bank and donate directly to it.
- Feeding America also is in need of volunteers in their food banks across the country, who are responsible for sorting and packaging food items, delivering meals, or assisting at no-contact pickup stations. You can sign up to volunteer with them at a food bank near you, or there is an option to volunteer virtually.
- Feed the Children has a mission to provide food and other vital resources for the success of children from low-income families nationwide. Their COVID-19 response is to provide relief to families with children that have lost access to The National School Lunch Program now that schools are closed nationwide for an indefinite time. $1 donated provides $7 worth of food and essential items to food insecure families with children. You can donate to them at this link. They are also accepting donations of food and hygiene items, which can be made by calling 1-800-627-4556.
- Meals on Wheels provides food for vulnerable seniors, who are most at risk during the COVID-19 pandemic. You can donate to their COVID-19 Relief Fund, which ensures that communities nationwide have the resources they need to provide this vital assistance to a vulnerable population.
- No Kid Hungry provides funding for feeding the over 700,000,000 vulnerable children who have lost access to The National School Lunch Program which they depended on for food daily. You can donate to them at this link.
- The Boys and Girls Clubs of America is raising money to provide groceries for children participating in the over 2,500 clubs it has over the country. You can donate to them at this link.
- Citymeals on Wheels provides meals to homebound elderly New Yorkers. You can donate to them at this link.
- The website JustServe has a list of volunteer opportunities. You can access the website at this link.